Monday, December 21, 2009

WOD 21st December 2009

It feels good to be doing a workout with a fellow Pushmore-mon again. Not only is this guy a fellow Pushmore-mon but he is also a great friend and an even greater brother. He is my one and only brother who I love dearly and I admire everything about him.

When we were younger, we use to fight all the time. I mean which siblings don't. For some reason though, at the age of 10 (for me), 12 (for Jason) we grew very far apart to a point where we barely spoke to each other. I remember that the only time he would ever speak to me is when it is necessary. Even when I ask "How was your day?" or "where did you go?" he would just ignore me and walk away. This went on for a good 6 years.

At the age of 16 on a very fine and sunny afternoon. While we were having lunch with my mum, I asked my mum "Is it ok if I join my friends to play DOTA tmw after school?" out of the blue I heard Jason say "you play DOTA?" and that was the first conversation I had with my brother in 6 years.

When Jason left to the UK to study we started to grow closer and when it was my turn to get to the UK we were even closer. Sadly after my first year of university, Jason had graduated and had decided to take a year off and to work in Malaysia. So that left me alone in the UK. Over that summer, I introduced Jason to Pushmore as did King introduced it to me.

I remember right at the beginning when Jason started at Pushmore, I was slowly picking up my slack and Jason was getting murdered by the WODs. When the summer had ended, I had to return to UK to continue my studies.

The summer a year later, I returned home to Malaysia and to Pushmore with my Brother and he jetted by me so fast I was absolutely shocked. His cross fitting has out grew me by at least 10 folds and I was afraid. So afraid that I decided to train doubly hard.

This brings us to today, where I manage to sneak Jason into my gym and we got in two WODs together. While doing the WODs, I could see that I had improve in my fitness, abilities and strengths. Jason was putting up some really good competition which drove me to work even harder. Hence it was because of Jason that I manage to complete my WODs with full out effort.

Here is what we did.

"WOD 121109"

Tag Team Variation - In 20 minutes, complete as many rounds as possible of:
Partner A:
Run 400m

Partner B:
1 Press @ 40kg(M)/20kg(W)
2 Push Presses @ 40kg(M)/20kg(W)
3 Push Jerks @ 40kg(M)/20kg(W)

*Partner B continues doing the above sequence until Partner A completes run, then both partners will switch places. Record total number of rounds for runs and press sequence for both partners.

Total number of Rounds = 4

Jason (Partner A) : {4+1}, 3, 3, 2
Jonson (Partner B) : {5+1+1}, {3+1+2+1}, {2+1+2+2}, {1+1+2}

5-7 minutes rest then on to

"WOD 121909"

5 Rounds for time of;

10 Deadlifts @ 60 kg
30 Double Unders

Jason.T : 12 mins 25 secs

Jonson.T : 7 mins 35 secs

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was such a phenomenal workout because I had not done a proper WOD in quite a while and since I have been eating so much while I was in Dublin it really brought me back to reality.

Pushmore has really brought us closer together through Cross Fitting. There is nothing in the world that can bring us closer together than when we work out together, we sweat together, we bleed together and we grow together.

I really want to give a big shout out to my brother Jason for being a great friend and an even greater brother. You have been an amazing role model and I really look up to you. Not because you are taller than me but because you really inspire me to become a better person. I love you with all my heart.


Jason Carrying me (July 2006)



Me (Left) and Jason (Right) after a workout at Capital Crosffit, London

4 comments:

  1. Heart warming post. Well written on your brother. As having another brother crossfitting too, I understand what you mean. Both Jason and you are incredible and certainly he has improved by leaps and bounds. I remember one day Jason came back from running and all i could say was " Wow, thats damn fast Jason " and indeed it was.

    Keep it up and spread more brotherly love. More love from the Oei's to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks bros!!! I am sure you both understand. I read your posts some time ago =) keep up with your WODs and have fun with the new toys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yo dude man! Nice post... fits the christmas season. ;) Merry Christmas to you and jason as well dude! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Shen.

    Happy New year to you buddy =)

    ReplyDelete