Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Back to reality

I am now back in uni for my third and final year. After having one of the most awesome summer's, it hit me really hard that I am back in reality and now it's time to work. The pass two days I have been having meetings after meetings with several lecturers trying to convince them why I would be a good person to undertake their projects. I've already been rejected by 7 different projects. Mainly becausse all the projects I want to undertak are all sports projects and belongs to the sports technlogy students. Hence it is much more difficult for me to obtain the project I wish to do.

I finally realised over this pass two days that I do not wish to become an engineer. I much prefer to do something along the lines of sports and hopefully that is the case. I mean I am only 20 years old. People tell me I am so young to be in love, I have lots of time, etc. People say we should enjoy life while we are young. Yet we are expected to know what we want to do for our career. How did you know what you wanted to do while you were studying?

Seeing how I have had lots to think about my career, studies and rejections for my projects I decided to take them out on my WODs. So yesterday I did;

WOD 092509

21-18-15-12-9-6-3

Handstand push ups
L-Pull Ups

Total time 22 mins 37 seconds.

Before I began this workout, I told myself that it was time to improve on my range for my Handstand pushups. So I decided to make sure that every HSPU my head will touch the mat. The mat was 4 times folded so it was failry thick but it was defintiely lower than the range that I normally would have done my HSPU at. I will continue to strive to have a full range of head to floor by years end.

Todays WOD:

WOD 092309

Run 400m
50 Pull ups
Run 400m
50 Push ups
Run 400m
50 Sit ups
Run 400m
50 Squats

Total time 26 mins 28 secs

This workout was particularly difficult on the run. I think it might have something to do with the temperature difference in Malaysia and in UK. I am probably no use to it yet. It was quite a challenging workout where the first 400m and 50 pull ups took me 10 mins to complete. My pull ups are still weak. There is still room for lots of improvement.

My aim and WOD for tmw is to do a strength workout. Hopefully Search and Rescue.

Lastly, Paleo diet starts tomorrow and would have started already for ym Paleo Pals. So keep it up and no excuses you all. Support each other in any and every way. It is not so hard in the end. If the cave people could do it why not us right?

No comments:

Post a Comment