Monday, October 5, 2009

Beating UK

It first begins with the cloudy morning and drawn curtains after a day of total exhaustion. No matter how many things you have ahead in the day your body and mind tells you "NOOOOOO!!! Stay in bed, it is so warm and toasty. There is no need to get up, it's so cold, don't pull the blanket off!!". This is how it all begins. How I failed last year to keep up with workouts and gave myself a billion and one excuses to put off going to the gym. It is how I began to grow chubbier and grew a tummy in the end.

Yesterday I experienced this again and it got to me. It beat me mentally and I failed to go to the gym. Although this feeling came back again today I remembered what a dear friend, brother and fellow paleo pal told me. He said "Don't let it sip in". Even though brother Hans had never experienced this and had no idea how I felt he still encouraged me on to push through it.

So here is what I did :

"Helen"

3 Rounds for time:

Run 400m
21 KB swings @ 24kg
12 Pull ups

Total Time 16 mins flat

I made a mistake when I was doing the workout. Here is what I did instead.

"Reversed Helen"

3 Rounds for time:

10 Shuttle runs @ 20m stretches
12 KB swings @ 24kg
21 Pull ups

To my absolute mistake I did the reps of swings and pull ups the other way around. I realised today that my gym is quite packed and I had to run around a lot. The treadmills were full and so I had to do shuttle runs if not make runs outside the gym in the freezing cold. So shuttle runs it was. On the second round, someone took over my pull up bar and hence I had no more chances of doing kipping pull ups so strict pull ups it was. Today my kipping pull ups were on form and during the warm up I did 10 non-stop. It just tells me that I can do it, I can manage kipping pull ups. Something I have to work on more.

Ideally today I wanted to do WOD092609 after "Helen" but I felt really ill after "Helen". Something gave in my stomach and I had to call it quits. Good thing as well since I had volleyball training and coaching tonight.

Tomorrow I have a fairly free day so I am going to conquer either "D.T." or an FMP workout.
My achievement today was doing 10 pull ups non-stop. I am very pleased with that as that has been my goal for the whole summer. I will post up a list of my aims and goals that I want to achieve by the end of the year soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment