Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Going too hardcore...

TODAY is a very difficult day for me. Mainly because I can't decide whether to push myself or to take a rest day. I decided that it is a REST DAY!!! During the summer, I did alot of over training but I do get my rest during the day. Being here in the UK I overtrain but I don't get my rest during the day or night as I have to work on my project and I have been sleeping late as well. So I have to take into account for rest days now.

Yesterday was such a great day because I nailed two lovely ladies Chelsea and Diane. While warming up I was doing some box jumps on a 80cm box (31 inches). On my second round of jumps I tripped and clipped my knee on the edge. It looks smal and minute but underneath the cut my knee is bruised and I had a bit of difficulty doing squats and bending the knee. Have a look.

Ouchies!

Here are the results;

"Chelsea"

Every minute on the minute do:

5 pull ups
10 push ups
15 squats

Result 22 mins +5 +10 +14


"Diane"

21-15-9

Deadlift @ 225lbs
Handstand Push ups

Total time 27 mins 21 secs

I knew that after doing Chelsea, Diane would be a bit difficult. I decided that instead I should turn Diane into a strength workout and focus on my form. I did the deadlifts in sets of 3 reps. I also aimed for my HSPU to be head to floor and I managed that until the 30th rep or so. My HSPU reps were 2 at a time.

After such a massive workout yesterday I only had a 2 hour rest before going into 5 hours of sports (Handball, Basketball and volleyball).

Waking up today I am aching on my wings, shoulders, lower back, thighs, chest, calves and knees. So I believe it is very appropriate to call today a rest day eventhough I had one yesterday.

Always remember friends, listen to your body. Don't push yourself to the point that you will injure yourself. It is much better to have one rest day then to be out and injured for months.

No comments:

Post a Comment